Last night's cocktail party was an amazing success. I had cleaned and cooked all day which was actually quite satisfying after everything worked out, and oddly enough, everyone who came seemed to bring vodka. Thus, I woke up this morning feeling a bit of a mess. Pretty martini glasses are scattered around my place, resting on window sills and the countertops... I can't even pick them up because the sight makes me feel queezy. Steve and I were discussing ordering delivery of some sort of breakfast because the thought of leaving the house was too daunting. Until it hit me, the perfect remedy. Dumplings. I've been craving dumplings off and on for about a month now, and was hoping to get my fix after my art show. The closest I got was 'dumpling' soup, so the craving went unfulfilled. My craving for dumplings this morning overpowered my fear of venturing outside, so we pulled ourselves together and hauled our butts down to the ID.Dumplings are the perfect food. Salty, doughy, and generally at Dim Sum kind of surprising (I'm always a little bit in the dark as to what I'm actually getting inside each glowing dough ball). Dumplings are universally delicious as well, though perfected through the art of dim sum where they become the center of the meal, not as previously noted, an addition to a soup. One of my favorite dinners that my mom used to make was dumpling soup, which was essentially chicken stock, veggies and giant pillows of dumplings floating on top. Another great food memory was thanksgiving morning last year, Steve's mom served us some super delicate dumplings that had the soup INSIDE. Basically, if allowed I would probably eat variations of dumplings every day.
4 comments:
My favorite meal in the universe is chicken and dumplings. Which perhaps I shall cook for you sometime. Though it is not the same sort of dumpling...but delicious anyway.
Your party was loads of fun, so thank you for having us.
Ooh any meal of dumplings sounds good to me :) We owe you a dinner visit anyway!
You have Dumpling every day! And that Dumpling's name is Steve. Seriously.
I'm really very sorry I missed your party - sicky sicky could not make it out of bed - but I'm glad it was a success (as all your parties seem to be). We hang soon, yes?
I've never had a dumpling.
Post a Comment