It's almost three a.m. and I'm still fairly buzzed from Tracy's bachelorette party.
If my parents and sisters did not live here I would never come back to the Tri-Cities. It's so bizarre here. On one hand the weather is unbeatably beautiful, but this trip more than any other has caused me to really feel stifled here.
Everyone here treats me like it's a 'town mouse' versus 'country mouse' competition. This world is so damn small it makes me feel like drowning. I need to get back to the city asap. I'd like to be anonymous in bars and to just have good non-competitive conversation with my ladies. My Tracy is amazing and great, but damn I hate coming here. I feel like I'm being scrutinized by people I haven't seen in four years for every pound I've gained and every stress wrinkle under my eyes. All the girls here are tanned within an inch of their lives and blond. I wore a cute little dress and heels out to a bar tonight and I felt mormon next to everyone else.
blarg. I'm just really happy to be spending time with my sisters.
3 comments:
I agree with you. Small towns suck! I wore mine out, so I moved here. And I like it a lot better, I have to say. I think I'm a city kid for life.
I too am a city kid, fer shurrrz. We should take a City Kid Field Trip to the big bad metropolis of Tokyo for food/clothing/jewel delights some day...
Also, your food bloggage in the last post makes me ohsohungry for elaborate foods. Especially involving truffle oil. Yum! (We ARE still going some place delightfully fancy for your belated birthday dinner, in case you're wondering.)
I like ambiguity of city life. It's always "my city" because we each live it a different way. You can still do that in small towns, but I swear everyone has a similar story if they are from Sartell, MN, pop. 11,000.
I'll never know Seattle the way you do... my Seattle doesn't recognize night life and restaurants. My Seattle is all about the friends I have and the familiar places I miss (like those bubble tea place on the ave and the good "Fun Hole")
Post a Comment