Saturday, August 30, 2008

I think I have a problem

Disclaimer: this entry is devoid of intelligent subject matter. It may disgust you.



BEHOLD!


Today after a delightful feast of noodle soup AND dim sum delights, Miss Beth introduced me to a whole new world of shoe heaven. I had never been to DSW, nor even knew that there was such a place... I am now in trouble. At delightfully half-off prices I hope to never be foolish enough to spend over $100 on shoes again!

As you can see from the above evidence I have a problem with buying shoes - and that problem is saying no. After my impromptu shopping trip with Beth I decided to clean out my closet to make room for my (3!) lovely new pairs. In doing so Steve dared me to line them all up to prove how ridiculous I am... The above is the result - all shoes included with the exception of running shoes and flip flops. I am both embarrassed and delighted, for in doing so I discovered a few that had fallen into the depths of our closet.

The results also inspired me to do something that I never ever do.... take care of my shoes. I polished up my boots (which have seen far too many rough nights of drinking), cleaned up the stain on my grey suede peep toes, and put the first four shoes on the right in a bag by the front door so I would finally take them to get re-heeled (they've been pushed aside for over a year waiting for this treatment). And, after a long legacy of shoe deaths by water logging, I finally began the process of waterproofing my shoes.

Today's treats:



By far the most ridiculous of my shoe finds today, these shoes, in the words of Beth, were made for me. Of course they are perfect for Seattle fall weather with their fabric exterior, peep toe-ed ness and shiny pleather heel.... I suck.




These, while incredibly cute and comfortable, will probably not stand the test of a rain storm either. I love their yellow suede interior....

Now, these, these are a smart find. $30 bucks, comfortable, cute, actual traction on the bottom, and while they would probably drown in a puddle of any serious depth, they could at least keep my feet dry for at least as long as it would take to get home to change into those big blue rubber boots pictured above....

Now if only I could train my feet to never feel pain..........


3 comments:

Super Milk-Chan said...

I had such an amazing time shoe shopping with you! Your collection is truly impressive. Awe-inspiring. Someday I hope my closet will spill forth with as many delites as yours.
I am currently working on stretching out one of the pairs I bought the little stretchers for. I hope I can save them. They're so adorable...

Marie said...

Shoes always fit... clothes do not. And yet i have a problem saying no to both. I have three huge baskets full of shoes. I need to bring a majority of them to good will. That's a rainy day project.

Ben doesn't mention my shoe problem because he as an LP, yes LP, good ol' vinyls, problem.

Françoise de Fleur said...

Shoooooes! Sweet finds, lady. Color me jealous of your new delights.

Marie, what if I've got a shoes AND LPs problem? Eeek!