I want to stomp. Scream. Throw rocks through windows.
I think my artwork is cursed. I am taking a break from it all. I get an email from Glo's at 4 p.m. yesterday that says:
The owners decided to repaint the walls and no longer hang local artwork. They took down your stuff and a piece was broken. Please come pick up your things tomorrow at 7:30 a.m.
Awesome. Just so awesome.
So we went there this morning. Again, the lady who set the whole thing up did not show. The hipster bitch at the counter was... a bitch. No sympathy, no apologies for breaking my things and ending my showing 3 weeks early and giving me a one day notice. There were posters of Marilyn Monroe and the usual 50's bull on the walls. In approaching said bitch about compensation for my frame I was told "take it up with Cyra" (no show lady). I said hell no I was not making another trip and tracking down their flake of an art person. She asked how much I said 50. She said no way, and that they would only replace the glass on the visibly broken frame. I commented on the fact that they were ON THE FLOOR of the restaurant and had scratches that were never ever there. She said "are you REALLY going to re-frame that because of a few scratches??"
I am ready to admit I have anger issues sometimes.
This whole ordeal occurred in front of a bunch of older customers. I did NOT keep my voice down at this point. Forget about it. Forget Glo's. No longer will I wait an hour to eat their stupid food. No longer will I deal with the stupid hipster apathy that comes with the shitty coffee every 30 minutes while you wait an additional hour for the food. There are too many other places doing brunch these days to waste my time.
I feel embarrassed. I feel ashamed for letting myself get so worked up. I'm not a serious artist, I shouldn't expect to be taking seriously. I want to throw myself a giant pity party involving me, my bed, and a leather bound diary to write all of my feeeeeeeeeeeeeeelings in.
2 comments:
I'm sorry deary, I think your work is worth protecting and the lady was just upset because she's working at a restaurant, that's her career choice, to be a permanent service worker and you have great talent and she's jealous.
Meghann, you are a serious artist. You are not a trendy shit-head artist making a ton of money off your art because it's commercial. There's a big difference.
Your art is beautiful and inspiring.
Fuck that dumb bitch in her bitch face, and fuck Glo's for treating you like crap. Those people are self-important snobs.
On a side note, I wonder if there is some sort of contract you should be having places sign before agreeing to hang your art? I mean, I know they're doing you a favor by showing your pieces, but I feel like you should have the right to charge them if they damage one of them.
Post a Comment