Monday, January 19, 2009

absolute horror

So, today as Steve and I were having a 'cleaning party' which involved dancing around the house while cleaning to the soundtrack of Justin Timberlake's first album JUSTIFIED (believe you me, very dance inducing) when I realized I had not seen Inga in over an hour. Sooo I checked every room. No Inga. I called for her and Steve started looking for her as well. No Inga. We checked under every surface, in every corner, under each sink and in each cabinet. No Inga. I started flipping out. So we pulled out our fail safe move of putting food in her bowl and shaking it around (our kitty loves her food more than life itself) - No Inga. Steve realizes that he took the garbage out almost an hour ago and didn't fully close the door. I flipped. So we started looking around outside, calling, shaking her food bag, desperately quizzing our neighbors. No Inga. I start bawling, Steve stays totally calm. I went back inside for a bit, calling, looking everywhere we had previously looked and still no luck. I start giving up. We look outside, in the garage, all around and I start imagining horrifying scenes of finding my dead cat in our ally the next morning, I continue bawling. Steve keeps looking, I head inside, about an hour has passed.

I walk into the bedroom and there she is. Stooopid cat. Where the hell did you go?


















Yes, yes you should feel bad.

1 comment:

Super Milk-Chan said...

Oh no! At least you found her pretty quickly. Salem fell off our porch once as he raced outside to watch me leave for work. I came home to find his food untouched and knew he was missing. I made fliers and papered the neighborhood for an hour, sobbing at strangers while they looked at me as if I were crazy.
The neighbor found him prowling around her flower pots a few hours later. I have never been so relieved.

Those photos are suuuper adorable though! Bad bad Inga!!!