Well, here I am, stuffed up, sore throat, stuck in bed with my tea and lap top. I have officially become re-inspired about sprucing up my home. We started planning the kitchen remodel about three months ago and got all the way to the sit down with a cabinet designer step... then just kinda quit. The holidays came up and we just kinda felt uninspired about the whole thing. Not sure how to put all of the pieces together, and believe it or not, it's rather difficult to find a design/color scheme to go with our screaming yellow walls (which I will not let go of).
Sooo in the last few days I've spent a rather disturbing amount of time on www.apartmenttherapy.com (thanks beth) and today there it was. The perfect kitchen.
We had already picked out a similar concrete style counter top made of recycled concrete and paper composite from Ecohaus, the one real difference will be that our cabinets are a darker espresso finish (to go with our mostly dark wood furniture and to avoid clashing with oh so light and yellowy floors). Now the challenge will be the find a match for this color in a green seal certified paint... It's on! We will also probably put a back splash of white sea-glass tile behind the stove... cause it gets icky back there.
So, since Steve had a rule of 3s, this will officially be our third color. We're going to get rid of the green in the kitchen and the guest bedroom and re-paint the guest bedroom walls in this same blue. I think it'll be a lovely addition and easy to work with..
Now if only I could work on my abilities to throw things away and organize.........
2 comments:
Oh yay! I'm glad you love that website...I spend hours prowling people's house tours on there. So inspiring.
This kitchen is killa! That aqua/teal color is the perfect compliment to your yellow, and I love all the details. I think it'll definitely be more inviting than the green currently is.
I'm so jealous. I wish that I'd be able to renovate anything in my house soon. I have my fingers crossed for a decent tax return. That might mean new bathrooms in my future...
Silly kitty. I dont think we'll have that problem with a big chocolate lab.
Post a Comment