Here it is: the wedding photo recap with some notation.
I mostly want to get these moments all out so that I don't forget them! Note: no professional photos yet, so I scalped all these photos from friends' facebook albums ;)

Getting ready in the Cheng's master bathroom with all of my ladies and of course Will my hair stylist. We listened to Department of Eagles - In Ear Park in entirety, and covered every surface in hair spray.

So much dress! Had a ridiculously delightful ride over the 520 bridge with my ladies, sipped on Sofia canned champagnes, tried to breath.

Arrived at the park feeling excited and slightly overwhelmed by how amazing things were already turning out. It was seriously the most beautiful day in September of 2010.

Right before we walked out my dad gave me hug and said "don't try to hold it in, let yourself feel these emotions - you can cry" and so I did aaallll the way down the aisle. Words cannot describe that intense emotion of walking into dappled light shining through rainbow balloons toward the most important person in your life, surrounded by everyone you love. Also note the "No Camping" sign.

Everything I could have dreamed of times one million bajillion. Walked down the aisle to Joanna Newsom's En Gallop (which our awesome harpist learned for us!), Steve's uncle Godfrey was our officiant, Maddie did a reading, Mark read a silly poem, Steve's mom sang a Chinese art song, we read our own vows, cried, and were married.

Officially Cheiler.

Post ceremony moment.

Reception at Pravda, which my lovely Murray Monster decorated to a T, she totally saved my wedding.

Our custom made pie bar people!

Pies made by friends and family!

The tables! My mom had a crazy idea to make 150 jars of jam one week before the wedding - they turned out amazing. My mom is crazy.

Tables shot #2 - our table numbers were black and white wood block prints of animals.

Our photo monitor wall rotated photos from our rehearsal dinner slide show.

OMG FOOD. Seriously delicious food from Lisa Dupar Catering - we had red kuri squash gnocchi, a buckwheat salad with fresh mozzarella/artichoke hearts/caper berries, an autumn salad with mixed greens/hazelnuts/pears/bluecheese, green beans, ginger braised pork over bok choy, and skirt steak with mushrooms.

High fives at the Hippo Table.

Serious dancing, Steve and I were both sweating up a storm. I'm sure our pro photographer was dismayed and worried about how to make these people appear attractive...

So many friends traveled to be there, we were super thrilled.

My ladies. So pertty.

The very end of the night, after two solid hours of dancing we finished with a late night snack of curly fries served in cones and two hours of karaoke.
Alright, those are clearly not all of the memories, but it's a start. It was seriously the happiest day of my life, I could not have wished for more.
No comments:
Post a Comment