Monday, January 14, 2008

Mess

When I get home most days of the week and I look around the absolute last thing I ever want to do is clean. In order to clean I have to know when the next time will be that guests will be coming over. This sets me up for embarrassment when Steve's mom drops by when I'm not home and we have underwear thrown everywhere, bags of recycling sitting in the hallway, and little pieces of crumpled up paper that we throw Inga are strewn about in every room. This happened today.

I wish I were back at the cabin. For a month. I couldn't get anything done today at work because all I could think about was snow.

4 comments:

maddie said...

I completely sympathize. Fortunately no one can come into our condo without us letting them in! But the only true motivation to clean is when people are coming over.
miss you
love you.

Françoise de Fleur said...

Wahahaha! (Sorry, had to laugh.) I agree completely with you and Maddie. This is awful when you take into account that folks hardly come over to my house - by that, I mean my friends, not my parents' - which means I hardly ever have guests that see my humbly messy abode. Hah. Oh dear.

Yes. I miss you too. Let's hang and (finally) have a present exchange!

Super Milk-Chan said...

Seriously! We never clean until people come over. Actually that's not true, I do clean a little...I'm trying. But I really need the possibility of embarassment for motivation. I like having company lots, so at least it gets done pretty regularly.
Speaking of...we should have dinner soon. We owe you guys a few meals I believe :P

Marie said...

I only clean when i can't tell the difference betweent he piles of dirty clothes and clean clothes. Or when Ben gets grossed out and I'm trying to look like a good roommate.