Saturday, November 22, 2008

Meghann thinks....


Here I am, couch ridden yet again. I may be setting a personal record this year with the amount of times I've caught the cold of the month.

Luckily my new found hobby of embroidery goes well with my couch potato state. I've advanced fairly well if I say so myself and am pretty pleased at the results. My fingers are surprisingly sensitive to the touch right now from pulling and poking the needle around, perhaps I'll develop a bit of a needle callous?

I don't really know where to go from here with the whole embroidery thing. This lady was just supposed to be practice to get myself back in the swing of things, but now I quite like her and want to do something with this. It's too small and uneven of a scrap piece to make a pillow or anything out of her, so I guess she'll be a wall hanging, or maybe I can find a nice way to frame her. I want to hang her in my next show (December 13th, if all goes through).

So an update on the last show. Though Glo's was a super crap fest, I managed to sell a piece to a couple who saw it at Glo's.
Winter Surprise now belongs to a super attractive and friendly cap hill couple, and I, in turn, bought the following boots :)

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=-2233397914460908676&id=840185&parentid=SB_BOOTS_FLATS&pushId=SB_BOOTS_FLATS&popId=SB_BOOTS&sortProperties=%2BmarketingPriority%2C-saleDate&navCount=32&navAction=poppushpush&fromCategoryPage=true&selectedProductSize=&selectedProductSize1=&color=cho&colorName=CHOCOLATE

So now my head is filled with ideas, and i'm sure that only a select few will be fully realized, i'm excited and inspired again. Steve and I have spent the last week drawing, playing music, cooking, and conspiring to take a stab at brewing our own beer and making home made pickles and quince preserves.

Some things that I've been rolling around in my head:

- an embroidered large throw pillow for my sister KP that will say "Poop" in fancy letters with birds and flowers... this will be her christmas present if I can actually pull it together

-putting together an etsy site for my artworks

-marie's painting - I've started it twice but am still not fully happy with the results

- a set of greeting cards for birthdays and the likes - maybe post cards

We'll see how long my fingers last under all this pressure. I hope I can at least eek out a few homemade christmas presents this year!

2 comments:

Super Milk-Chan said...

God forbid you ever become arthritic.

I think the embroidery came out great though! How cool...
Have you considered trying quilting? You could make a bunch of ladies and things and quilt them into a larger piece. Maybe a quilted pillow for starters.

I also think Etsy would be fabulous for you. Especially if you get some greeting card designs down, so that you can have them printed and ready to mail out. That way you have a range of high and low priced items to attract buyers.

Marie said...

I'm so disgustingly average when it comes to art. Ugh.