Thursday, November 20, 2008

New Medium.



I used to embroider when I was young, but my mom was a bit of a perfectionist and under her tutelage I quickly grew tired of it.


Tonight I stopped by Stitches in Capitol Hill and picked up a hoop and some muslin. I thankfully never threw away my old sewing box (a heart shaped wicker atrocity from the earlier days of stitchery) so just a few new needles and I was ready to go.

I'm excited.

1 comment:

Super Milk-Chan said...

How awesome! I actually think this is a really suitable form for your artses.

Maybe you can show me how to embroider sometime. My mom taught me once, but I really had no patience for it then. I haven't touched it since.

And while you're at it, you should hook me up with your recipe for pizza crust. I've had a big bad craving for your tasty beer pizza since Halloween.