Thursday, February 5, 2009

Treats all around

So today ended up being a quite lovely Thursday. Here I sit on my gray felt couch (a button has worn through already, It's taking an emotional toll on me, much like that first scratch on a pair of shoes). I guess Steve and I shouldn't have such fat butts. Anyway, here I sit, with - no, not wine- french press coffee tonight. Cat is in window, as she should be. Steve's mama had his violin restrung last week so now I must be supportive and listen to him learn how to play again. He sounds, by his own admittance, like a 5th grade Chinese boy. Not the child prodigy kind. I'm not gonna lie, it kinda hurts my ears and I hope we are not pissing off the neighbors.

Anyway, today, I accomplished not a damn thing at work. I really did try, but all I really did was clean out my desk, arrange my post its prettily on my desk, consolidated piles, emailed a few folks in a pestersome manner, then day dreamed. Ok, I did actually accomplish more than that, but it was a less productive day than usual. So I decided today was a good day to go visit my ladies at Sugartown Vintage in Ballard where my arts are currently hanging out. So Steve picked me up from work and we headed our way. Went and chatted with Amy, picked out an awesome pair of vintage red pumps (twisty and peep toed). I casually looked at the awesome vintage dresses, but didn't actually try anything on. About once a year I give vintage shopping another shot - it always ends horrible and has me swearing off having breasts and eating cheese. What looks hip and irreverent on most girls, on me likely looks dumpy, or at best, like a costume.

On a side note, what's even worse is that I just found out that the owners of Anthropologie donate to anti-gay and pro-life initiatives. CRAP. That's the only place I've ever found that sells clothing that allows you to own breasts above a size C. I can't say I'll swear off Anthro, but I'm going to try harder to find local alternatives.... I've had no luck thus far though.

So, I'll be taking my artsies down this Sunday, they'll take a break for a bit. I might enlist some photog friends and their awesome cameras to help me photograph my artwork and maybe set up an etsy site. What I really need is an awesome website-y friend who wants to make me an awesome website for free or for art exchange.... Anywho, the show was a relative success. Sold three ladies:
This one to the lovely ladies who own Sugartown.
Then sold the upper painting to my good pal Elena, then the bottom one to the Grants who I love quite dearly. I'm happy to sell paintings to my friends because it allows me visiting rights.

So, we walked around Ballard, ran into one of two people we know who live in Ballard (Micah and Rodney the dog were hanging out outside their pad, taking a post-work day breather). After a week long romance with www.apartmenttherapy.com I had the craving to buy some house treats, but after 2/3 of the stores were closed, and the three things I considered buying were way out of my budget we kind of gave up. On the way back to the car though, we passed by Great Harvest Bread and remembered that at the end of the day they sell you two loaves for the price of one!!!!!!!!!! Buy one get one free local organic bread? What? That's Meghann heaven for you. So we dropped in, bought a sourdough loaf and a focaccia/cheese loaf and of course had our complimentary free slice of the bread of the day. We headed to PCC to pick up some more delicious real foods - which was also quite wallet damaging.

Once home Steve cooked up a really great meal of chicken thighs with oyster mushrooms, and leeks in a white wine sauce with a side of cous cous and brussel sprouts. We watched our shows which were hilariously delightful. I've been planning and plotting all week with little changes to make to our nest, and I finally bit the bullet and bought my very first etsy purchases. I will soon be the delightful owner of the following:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=20510288

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=14920861

http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=13660823

I am so excited to put these up in my home!

After my next paycheck I have my eye on the following:

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&navAction=jump&id=13957824&search=true&isProduct=true&parentid=SEARCH+RESULTS&color=10

In yellow

and a print from this artist:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vl_other_1&listing_id=20660658

I'm also in the market for a big jungle like hanging plant to hang from our ceiling above our two lamps in our living room. I'm hoping to find one on craigslist though - I have a hard time spending over $30 on a plant and I've yet to find a good healthy hanging plant under this price...

I'm going to be working very late nights next week, so at least I have something to look forward to next pay day!

Great, now i'm all coffee buzzed and it is most definitely my bedtime. I am going to go harass the cat, she looks way too peaceful.

Goodnight moon!

3 comments:

Super Milk-Chan said...

Oh I am so very jealous of your shoppings. I never have money to spend on homey things.

Might I suggest a Wandering Jew for your hanging plant? They do get pretty voluminous, and I think they're fairly easy keepers. Also, they have tinges of deep plum in their leaves which would compliment your yellow walls nicely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tradescantia_zebrina

Marie said...

beauties

Marie said...

I didn't know that about anthro... makes me upset as well. Crapola crayons.