Wednesday, February 11, 2009

warmth

My new etsy vintage red candelabra in action! We chose light blue candles to avoid an overly christmasy feel. I'm really happy!
This second shot is just me trying to get the space needle and the candles in the frame.

Since my addiction to apartmenttherapy does not seem to have any signs of letting up, i've just been feeding the monster. We installed our new hanging plant in the living room last night (once some cleaning has happened I'll post a few pics) and now big plans are in the works for transforming the room of doom into a legitimate guest bedroom (no futon!!!). We're also in the works for building and framing a growing collection of art prints... We tend to gravitate toward bright colors and monster looking things so I'm interested/slightly worried about how it will all look when put together. I'll probably post our practice layouts once we reach that step and ask for advice.

Since the funding is limited we've also been focusing on eating at home every night (pretty successful so far) and drinking with our friends at home rather than going out. We'll be breaking this pattern Friday for Daron's bday dinner and karaoke extravaganza :)

2 comments:

Marie said...

Awesome candelabra.

I need help getting my house decorated. My guess is it takes a while to decide what you want to do.

Super Milk-Chan said...

You know, I have one problem with home decorating. I enjoy working on it. What happens when you're done? I mean, it's beautiful, but then what? You have nothing left to look forward to.

I guess you can always find something though.

And it is a lovely candelabra, even if it is smaller than you expected.